Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Welcome Back ND Football

Okay, so now I'm officially back and we're officially on for another exciting season of Notre Dame Football. Now I know its a little early but in my sheer desire to avoid researching family law I thought I might do a little football snooping. I started off with CFN, otherwise known as College Football News. Simply put, they're retarded. They couldn't predict flooding if there was a hurricane overhead. So their current post season prediction is Notre Dame v. Florida in the Rose Bowl. I'm not actually complaining, because I might be able to convince Erik to go to Pasadena, but somehow to me it just seems horribly unlikely. CFN annoying me, I went to the BCS.

You think CFN is bad, you might as well shoot yourself after going to the BCS. Now I'm well aware that it's way to early for BCS rankings (for those of you who don't know they don't come out until half way into the season). However I like to see what those lovely computer polls that the BCS takes so seriously have to say. Well suffice it to say they're retarded. The Colley Matrix, one of my all time hated polls, has Oklahoma 1 and Indiana 2. I might buy into the Oklahoma thing. Seriously they seem to be looking better then the have in the past few years, but really a win over Washington or UAB in my eyes doesn't make you number 1. Maybe if they manage to romp on Oregon I'll feel differently, but considering Oregon's lackluster performance at Fresno State the jury's still out.And then there's Indiana. A reasonable win over Western Michigan at home and a decidedly close win over Ball State at Ball state, seriously is this the making of a #2 team? And of course we won't discuss the conference that Indiana is in and who else they have to play. It's not like they're up against teams like Michigan, Iowa, and Ohio State. I mean if they were playing Franklin this year then it would really matter. SERIOUSLY! (for those of you who don't know Franklin is this small liberal arts school somewhere in Indiana. I know some guy who went there).

Luckily for me the rest of the computer polls don't really seem to be operating yet, which is actually a better idea seeing as it's only the 2nd week of the season, and according to my lovely brother, (yes that's you Michael) that's not enough information to possibly do an accurate poll. So I'll hold out for the real good computer poll that Michael sends sometime after the 6th week of the season.

Football rankings aside, ND's got another tough game this week. I think if we can beat Michigan we'll finally have everyone convinced that we're as good as everyone continues to say we are. It strikes me funny that coaches continue to rank us high but none of the sports broadcasters ever have the ability to agree. And don't get me wrong, I'd much rather be 12 and work our way up so that we don't have a giant target on our backs all the time, but if they're going to give me two or three I'm going to take two or three. Final word on this weekend's game, we'll win, but it won't be easy, and I don't think the score will look like last weeks, unfortunately. I enjoy seeing blow out scores, especially against Michigan.


Buffa's Prediction - Irish 28 Wolverines 17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home